Friday, January 17, 2020

Now what?

Well...today I am officially the owner of a new-in-the box Brimble's Mercantile kit by Greenleaf. From the moment I thought about doing a bakery I wanted to do it in the Brimble's. It's been over a year, maybe two, since I started looking for one. I missed out on several on eBay, etc. so I kind of gave up looking. I started looking at other kits instead that were smaller, and I decided on the Greenleaf Buttercup. I picked one up for super cheap NIB...then I flip flopped to The Ashley by Dura Craft because I also found one cheap. So here I am with two cute little houses that are very similar, that will not end up as my bakery after all. I'm having thoughts of kit bashing the two together as one house. Or possibly building them both, and designing them similar to the Brimble's and making a coordinating bakery, tea shop and some other sort of shop. Currently I have five of my built houses on display in a row,  if I add these three I could end up with a village in 1:12 scale...oh my!

I'm thrilled to finally have a Brimble's, I don't have any photos yet but here's a lovey stock photo:




It's perfect for a bakery. It comes with some store fixtures such as built in shelves, signage and display cases. The upstairs will be the work and storage area and the downstairs will be the bakery. It's actually more than a bakery, there will be candy and ice cream too. The name of it is "BBs Sweet Shop". I am excited to get started! I will document this build along the way with photos, as I do with all my builds.

Here are some stock photos of The Buttercup (yellow house) and The Ashley (pink house):










They're both so cute, but as you can see they're very similar. I'm sure it will come to me, I'll know what to do with both of these houses when the time is right. It always seems to work that way :-)



Thanks for looking!


~ Mini-Shack

No comments:

Post a Comment