Monday, May 7, 2018

Hello Arthur!

I took a mini break from my mini world, but jumped right back into it and started The Arthur by Greenleaf! I've had it in the box for a while, and kept looking at it thinking "okay, any day now" and then finally I got all the supplies out, restocked on paint, wood, etc and cleared off the work table.  Since it's only 4 rooms, the furnishing and decorating is limited. I'm using some of my best furniture though to make it really cute. I'm handcrafting quite a bit as well to suit my needs. It will be modern themed, a home that I would live in myself HA. I debated kit-bashing it by adding a balcony off the front bedroom window and using a french door instead (which would really be a simple change and I'm surprised I've never seen one online) but I gave up at the last minute because I'm hoping to get through this one and start the next, The Brookwood by Greenleaf. I've been collecting beach themed items and I'm excited to turn it into a beachfront vacation home. I didn't want to decorate The Arthur beach themed because of the basic design of the home and the exterior features. The Brookwood is a perfect layout for a beach home, and a little more complicated to build, so I'm enjoying The Arthur for now.

Here are a few progress pics:

The Arthur

The Arthur

The Arthur

The Arthur

There's quite a bit more work to go. I still have to stain all the shingles, build-prepare-create the staircase and porch railings, build the roof and all the finishing details. Then the fun part of furnishing and decorating and putting everything in place. Stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment