Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quick and Easy Dollhouse Miniature Trellis Tutorial

Tutorial: How to make a quick and easy garden or patio trellis




Here's a quick and easy tutorial for a garden or patio trellis. Fun little project with minimum materials or time required.

Things you'll need:
6-7 Wood slats  (coffee stir sticks, popsicle sticks)
1 Small Oblong Wood Piece
Paint
Glue
Garden Vine

This project doesn't take long at all and can be done in between waiting for other projects you're working on to dry. The longest part of this project is waiting for the paint to dry.



Select 3-4 even sized wood pieces (depending on the size of your trellis)

Paint about 6-7 wood pieces your color of choice. I painted mine white. The extra pieces will be trimmed to go horizontal across the trellis

 

Measure and trim two wood pieces and glue horizontally across the vertical pieces, as shown in the photo


Paint a small piece of wood and glue to the bottom. This helps with balance and stability

Add your vines and glue in place if necessary

  
Ready to set up!




A lot of my materials are every day items I have around the house, like the coffee stir sticks I used. For the vine (and other mini plants I make) I go to the Dollar Tree store and find the smallest plants and flowers they have. Then I snip off the pieces and use however I can.


Thanks for looking and Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment