Saturday, February 8, 2014

Paper Towel Holder Tutorial

Paper Towel Holder Tutorial

If you're like me, you don't want to spend big money on small things. So as I "window shop" on the internet, I look at things and try to figure out if there's a way I can make it myself with items I already have in my craft room. This is how the Paper Towel Holder came about:


 


And this is super easy! You don't need much, in fact some of the items are already in your kitchen.

Things you'll need:
1 Napkin or Paper Towel
2 Toothpicks
1 Small Piece of Wood
1 Small Bead or Jewel
Paint
Glue
Scissors

This project doesn't take long at all, the longest part is waiting for the glue and paint to dry.


Cut a strip off a napkin
 
Get a toothpick ready to wrap it onto

Put a small amount of glue on the toothpick in the center

Wrap the strip of napkin around the toothpick

Glue the edge down


Use a small square of basswood or something similar and sand the edges


Tap on a nail slightly to make the hole for the toothpick

Use another toothpick for the side of the holder, paint the color of your choice

Paint the base the color of your choice

Put the toothpick with the paper wrapped around it into the hole in the base. Trim the excess toothpick off the top, leave enough for a bead on top.

I used a wooden bead as the top piece, anything similar would work. Then trim and glue the side stick to the base.


Finished paper towel holder.



No comments:

Post a Comment