Saturday, October 3, 2020

The Mint Julep by Walmer/Lilliput

After receiving this kit in the mail, I have thought about it pretty much every day, non-stop. I guess it's screaming for me to start this one next! I was exploring options to make it as beautiful as possible and came across a listing on eBay for a wing addition. The listing was from the same seller I bought the house from, who is also in the same Facebook group as me. I wasn't sure if it would fit my house so I started researching which model wing additions are compatible, and figured out there are 2 styles - a gable roof and a flat roof. I sent the seller a message on Facebook and she was kind enough to look though her inventory of kits. She was able to locate not one - but two - gable style wing additions. I would have preferred the flat roof addition, but there is probably a zero chance of finding two for sale. These houses are older and the companies are out of business. We made the arrangements and she shipped them right out to me. I am very excited to get started - but I need to quickly build a small house for a Christmas present for a relative. Which will probably be the Ashley or the Buttercup.

Here is a stock photo of the Mint Julep and the wing addition (can be left or right):





I'm not sure of the measurements yet, but I'm preparing for this to be a fairly large house. I really want to make it beautiful, with it's own base with landscaping. I'm going to need to take a trip to Lowes and get some plywood!

Progress picture to come.....I am currently waiting on a shipment in the mail of some corner trim that I desperately need to finish my Brimble's Mercantile. I ran out, and the roof shingles look horrible in the corners so I absolutely must cover those up. It'll enhance the overall look too, so it's a win-win. It is the only thing holding up my photo session. I don't dare post any pics with those ugly corners LOL. There will be a full post soon however on the Brimble's - aka "BB Sweets".


Thanks for visiting!

~ Mini-Shack

No comments:

Post a Comment